Flat roof pergolas are as the name states, flat. The whole pergola is all one level across the board. There are a few benefits to building a flat roof pergola:
1. A flat roof pergola is generally more cost effective than a pitched roof pergola.
2. A flat roof pergola is quicker to construct than a pitched roof pergola.
3. A narrow flat roof pergola looks better in smaller backyards to simplify and maximise the space.
4. Flat roof pergolas have overcome their head height issues with the introduction of extenda brackets to give you extra height in the pergola.
5. Although there is only a very small slant on a flat roof pergola, guttering can still be installed so that rain water is caught into a water tank.