Pergolas are becoming increasingly popular to use as a pool shelter. This is because it is a structure that lasts and can give you an area to get out of the sun for awhile or watch your children playing in the pool. It can also be a cost effective way and alternative to shade sails for shelter. Here are some reasons why building a pergola near your pool is a valuable assest:
1. We have to ensure that there is enough space to build a pergola in your area. Otherwise the pergola may need to be outside the fenced area of the pool.
2. We need to think about the size of the pergola so that we can maximise your space. A large pergola in a small area will make your backyard look overcrowded.
3. Pergola designs and colours can also match your house and landscaping to complement your pool. You can even deck it out with some lounges and bean bags as your very own retreat.
4. A storage area/container can be created under your pergola to store all of your pool equipment.
5. By having a pergola you are creating an outdoor entertaining area. But what entertaining is complete without an outdoor kitchen? Your pergola also serves as some shelter for your outdoor kitchen.